Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.

Go down 
+3
Christian Burrell
wackyzaky7
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
Admin

Bolt Points : 6922

Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:58 am

First of all i dont get how can Sony Underhype such a huge IP ! A game which is having a pedigree of Indigo Prophecy/farenheit ! I mean how can this game be ignored ! No demo during the press confrence ! I am a bit pissed !
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
wackyzaky7
Rank 14 : Ifrit
wackyzaky7

Bolt Points : 5664

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:58 am

Can someone explain to me what this game is? All I've heard about it is that it's an interactive experience in which your choices change the outcome of the game. I don't know anything else!
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Rank 16 : Luigi
Christian Burrell

Bolt Points : 5849

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:59 am

The best explanation I have is that it's the video game version of those old "Choose your own adventure" books. It's basically like watching a movie, but every action you do or do not make changes how the story unfolds. So story-telling is no longer linear, and the plot can unfold completely differently each time you play the game (assuming you don't make the exact same decisions and actions every time).
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Bolt Points : 6764

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:59 am

this is in my top 3 anticipated games. But it isn't coming to 2010 so that is bad. But I can't wait for this game. It deserves a lot of respect.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Ravid
Rank 6 : Cortana
Daniel Ravid

Bolt Points : 5577

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:00 pm

I bet sony were dying to show heavy rain and ratchet at their E3, but they couldnt fit everygame.

They still had a demo at E3 but not in the conference, look on youtube or something.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:00 pm

yeah i saw that demo , and one word this game is gonna rock ! I guess it was more of a buisness move by sony so that they can start off 2010 with a bang !
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Rank 15 : Colin Moriarty
Nick Andrews

Bolt Points : 5733

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 pm

This is going to start the re-rise of Sony. Microsoft may have won so far, but Sony's back and better than ever!!
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:48 pm

I cannot wait for this game. It is one of my most inticipated games but unluckily, it doesn't come out until 2010.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
I cannot wait for this game. It is one of my most inticipated games but unluckily, it doesn't come out until 2010.
Gives them more time to polish it.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Nick Andrews wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:
Yea...but longer for me to wait lol.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
Nick Andrews wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:
Yea...but longer for me to wait lol.
Would you rather have a bad game now or a great game later?
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:11 pm

I am not saying that. I am just anxious for a game. And also...time does not equal polish always. In this case, yes, but not all. And it wouldn't be a bad game. They already have at least 2 characters complete out of the 4. So you would get half the game but with the same great gameplay. They have already showed some of this off.

But to the point. I am just anxious for it. And I am also trying to get to the point of saying...I am tired of companies hastling the earlier releases then post-poning it.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
I am not saying that. I am just anxious for a game. And also...time does not equal polish always. In this case, yes, but not all. And it wouldn't be a bad game. They already have at least 2 characters complete out of the 4. So you would get half the game but with the same great gameplay. They have already showed some of this off.

But to the point. I am just anxious for it. And I am also trying to get to the point of saying...I am tired of companies hastling the earlier releases then post-poning it.
Same here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 am

so folks the game will be out in March 2010. What are u thoughts specially when GOW III will be released arnd the same time ?
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:19 am

Rashid Sayed wrote:
so folks the game will be out in March 2010. What are u thoughts specially when GOW III will be released arnd the same time ?
I will have to save up to buy both of them...but they are BOTH a MUST HAVE! I am a God of War fan but I am a big plot guy when it comes to games. So if I had to choose one though...I would choose Heavy Rain because of it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 am

But the fan following for the GOW III is huge ! I am afraid that heavy Rain might be overshadowed.!
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:13 pm

Yea...I agree...the first month sales for Heavy Rain might not be that spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:41 am

i guess this time again, it will be proved that sales don't actually represent how good the game is.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Rashid Sayed wrote:
i guess this time again, it will be proved that sales don't actually represent how good the game is.
Yea...look at Heavenly Sword and Uncharted was that way for a LONG time until the word got around.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:39 am

i guess Uncharted and Hs sold like abt 3 and 1.5 million copies ! I am actually pretty pissed abt HS sales since the game was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:48 am

Rashid Sayed wrote:
i guess Uncharted and Hs sold like abt 3 and 1.5 million copies ! I am actually pretty pissed abt HS sales since the game was pretty good.
And Ninja Storm isn't going to make another one. They don't like Sony or something?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:04 am

No ! They were not able to make enough profit since the game was only on the ps3.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:14 pm

Rashid Sayed wrote:
No ! They were not able to make enough profit since the game was only on the ps3.
Well I heard that Sony and Ninja Storm got into an argument or something.
Back to top Go down
IA Harvey Dent
Rank 19 : Wedge
IA Harvey Dent

Bolt Points : 5851

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Bioshock was the same way it did not get any recognition until late in the year then it won game of the year lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:13 am

^^ who gave bioshock the game of the year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.   Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Rain : A game thats not getting the hype it deserves.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next