Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline

Go down 
+4
wackyzaky7
Keith Deitz
Baldguy71
Admin
8 posters

will this really affect the franchise ?
NO !!! NO !
Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_vote_lcap83%Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
yes ! the game is really known by call of duty
Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_vote_lcap17%Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
Admin

Bolt Points : 6938

Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:49 am

A recent OTX survey has revealed consumer awareness for upcoming shooter Modern Warfare 2 has taken a substantial nosedive following Activision's decision to drop the Call of Duty brand from the game’s title.

Research has shown that 40 percent of gamers in the U.S. were familiar with Modern Warfare 2 back when it carried the Call of Duty moniker, though this ultimately dropped to 20 percent after the brand was removed.

OTX’s Nick Williams commented: "Up until the beginning of May, OTX had been tracking the title as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. More specifically, we asked a representative group of gamers in the U.S. whether or not they had heard of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. At that time, approximately 40 per cent of all gamers in the U.S. claimed that they had heard of this title.”

"... the consumer survey, and the awareness levels dropped to 20 per cent. In other words, the Call of Duty brand association essentially doubles the awareness for the game. That is quite a remarkable statistic.”

Regardless, Williams noted that the sequel is still poised to sell like hot cakes: "Despite this dramatic drop in awareness, the purchase intent for Modern Warfare 2 remains very strong," he said.

"The intensity of the purchase intent is particularly impressive, as illustrated by the high levels of Pre-Order Intent, which is the highest of any title currently being tracked."

Modern Warfare 2 is due out on November 10.

Source : PSU
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Baldguy71
Rank 15 : Colin Moriarty
Baldguy71

Bolt Points : 5746

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:13 am

I could care less if they drop the "COD" name - Infinity Ward made a great game with the 1st Moder Warfare game, this game has me excited like a kid on Christmas morning. I've scheduled a day off from work for the release date the moment the teaser trailer that launched over a month ago flashed the 11-10-09 at the end of it. As long as Infinity Ward continues the high quality game experience without the COD title, the game will do just fine.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Bolt Points : 6780

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:16 am

I could care less, but a lot non-hardcore gamers no the name of Call of Duty, and they like that name. So will they not buy it because it doesn't have the Call of Duty name? Who knows...we will have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 am

I guess if its Call of Duty than its hardcore ! So i guess hardcore gamers will take this game regardless of the name !
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Yea but for most of the gamer's out there (casual gamers) will not recognize the name and may not buy it because so but I beat they will market it on TV enough to sell it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:41 am

but to be honest what prompted Activision to take the COD out?
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Rashid Sayed wrote:
but to be honest what prompted Activision to take the COD out?
I think it is more of Infinity Ward.
Back to top Go down
wackyzaky7
Rank 14 : Ifrit
wackyzaky7

Bolt Points : 5680

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:21 pm

They probably did it to get across the people that it's different from treyarch's COD games. The people that didn't like WAW might notice that it hasn't got Call of Duty in the name then see the infinity ward logo and be intrigued, whereas if it did have Cod in the name people might say "I didn't like the last one so I won't like this one." My far out theory Razz
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:28 pm

People remember Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as Call of Duty but who knows.
Back to top Go down
BIGdaddy
Rank 3 : Roman
BIGdaddy

Bolt Points : 5485

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm

In my opinion .. I don't really care about dropping the Call Of Duty part . I'm still gonna buy it because it's just reeking of awesomeness !
Back to top Go down
KiiD SC0RCH3R
Rank 2 : Peach
KiiD SC0RCH3R

Bolt Points : 5451

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:45 am

The title doesn't make a game the game makes the title.
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Rank 16 : Luigi
Christian Burrell

Bolt Points : 5865

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:59 am

the game will still sell like wildfire
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:55 am

yeah it will cause i bet the majority of gamers who played COD4 were pretty hardcore. So i guess better sense will prevail after all.
Back to top Go down
JiggyJoe21
Rank 4 : Glass Joe
JiggyJoe21

Bolt Points : 5466

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:43 pm

I heard recently that they were picking up the CoD name to bring back the awareness.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 pm

JiggyJoe21 wrote:
I heard recently that they were picking up the CoD name to bring back the awareness.
yea...They picked the Call of Duty name back up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:05 am

thats kewl! I thnk this was just a publicity stunt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline   Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 consumer awareness suffers decline
Page 1 of 1