Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Replay Value (minor gripe)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nay_sayer
Rank 7 : Pinkerton
nay_sayer

Bolt Points : 5659

Replay Value (minor gripe) Empty
PostSubject: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense to say "lasting appeal" instead of "replay value" in the reviews? Some games you only play through once and it takes longer than other games that you replay 2 or 3 times or you play online multiplayer. Doesn't really matter cause I am sure everyone understands what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Rank 15 : Colin Moriarty
Nick Andrews

Bolt Points : 5737

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Yes it would. I was actually thinking about this. I'll be doing that from now on, starting with my review of The Pitt for Fallout 3. That is, if the Boss approves.
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Rank 16 : Luigi
Christian Burrell

Bolt Points : 5853

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:15 pm

not a bad idea. i'm not too fond of calling it "replay value" either. especially when you've got rpg's that you can spend 200 hours playing without ever actually starting over.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Christian Burrell wrote:
not a bad idea. i'm not too fond of calling it "replay value" either. especially when you've got rpg's that you can spend 200 hours playing without ever actually starting over.
I know what you mean. Some games have 0 replay value but a lot of last appeal. I'll talk to the Boss to see if we can start doing this.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Rank 25 : Starfox
Keith Deitz

Bolt Points : 6768

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:36 pm

I mean if you think about it...does replay generally mean after you beat it? Not necessarily but replay just can mean to go back and keep playing it. Like suck you in.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:37 pm

But if ya'll really want to do it and if many people agree then go ahead and do it.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
I mean if you think about it...does replay generally mean after you beat it? Not necessarily but replay just can mean to go back and keep playing it. Like suck you in.
True. But you have to admit that Lasting Appeal sounds better than Replay Value when talking about things that you only play once.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
But if ya'll really want to do it and if many people agree then go ahead and do it.
Thank you. I'll just go ahead and do that and if Rashid doesn't like he can tell me and I'll change it.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Nick Andrews wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:
True. But you have to admit that Lasting Appeal sounds better than Replay Value when talking about things that you only play once.
Go with it then. We will start doing it from now on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Bolt Points : 6926

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:14 am

Its pretty cool ! i will be dng it in my reviews as well and i guess all the editors will start doing it ! Nice feedback nay_sayer. 30 Bolt Points for u Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replay Value (minor gripe)   Replay Value (minor gripe) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replay Value (minor gripe)
Page 1 of 1