Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Cannot Start..... error message

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Christian Burrell
Rank 16 : Luigi
Christian Burrell

Bolt Points : 5865

Cannot Start..... error message Empty
PostSubject: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:51 am

alright, so here's my problem. i upgraded the HDD on my PS3 and ever since then i'll occassionally get the following error message - "cannot start. the correct hard disk could not be found." i turn off the PS3 and restart it. that usually fixes the problem.

i've scoured the internet looking for a solution to this, and i can't find anything other than "reformat your hard drive". i really don't feel like doing that though, because i've downloaded a TON of stuff off the PSN, and it would be a huge pain to redownload all of it.

have any of you heard of a fix for this issue? it's a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
Admin

Bolt Points : 6938

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:52 am

why not take a back uo on ur computer's HDD ? in that way u can easily format ur playstation 3's HDD without the fear of losing the data.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Christian Burrell
Christian Burrell

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:52 am

well, because i don't have 150 GB of free space on my computer's HDD.... that's how much stuff i have on my PS3 right now... otherwise i would
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:53 am

i guess 150 Gb is a lot of data, but as far as i know , if u intsalll a new HDD on your playstaion 3 it will ask for a format ! So theres a toss between loosing ur data and formatting ur HDD , cant u put ur data on a frnds pc ???
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Bolt Points : 6780

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:54 am

Well...You can delete your install data because you don't need that. That can be re-installed. You are going to have to format it either way.
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Christian Burrell

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:54 am

Rashid Sayed wrote:
i guess 150 Gb is a lot of data, but as far as i know , if u intsalll a new HDD on your playstaion 3 it will ask for a format ! So theres a toss between loosing ur data and formatting ur HDD , cant u put ur data on a frnds pc ???

i suppose i can make room on my laptop's HDD. might have to just re-download a few PSN games instead of backing them up......
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:55 am

if its about dling a few gigabytes ! Than i guess u can jut re dowload them ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Christian Burrell

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:04 pm

so i found a solution to this problem. here's a link to a thread i found that explained everything ---

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=417&thread.id=30026&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

interesting stuff. and the fix worked great for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannot Start..... error message   Cannot Start..... error message I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannot Start..... error message
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum GamingBolt :: Gaming :: Playstation 3-
Jump to: