Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Need your vital inputs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
Admin

Bolt Points : 6918

Need your vital inputs Empty
PostSubject: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:31 am

Hello Folks,

I have been a lot of calls from various sources about site revamp and to take it to the next level. Its been a fantastic ride so far for us at GB. We started at about 12 million globally, but in just a period of 112 days we have raised ourselves to the top 300,000 sites in the world. I do agree that its mot a HUGE achievement but we must be a somewhere among top sites growth wise. Yes i do agree that our forums lack a bit and the community part is not so strong. The major reason behind is that GB is basically a site divided in to two websites. One for content and for the community.

I was just chatting to one of my friends the other day about combining the two. With a single ID everything will be accessible. Nothing is planned yet. I am still making a deep documentation about it.

I thought it will be a better idea to ask my community first. So guys what do you want?

Before I close, here are a few links which might give you people some hint about how GB might look in about 3-4 months from now.

http://osc.template-help.com/wt_25558/index.html

http://osc.template-help.com/wt_25115/index.html

So the content side of things is very lively. Our content gets published on major sites almost everyday and tens and thousands flock to GB every day. Its just that community is on a different site you people dont know about it.

Please give me your vital inputs. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Baldguy71
Rank 15 : Colin Moriarty
Baldguy71

Bolt Points : 5726

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:03 pm

I like the top link layout better than the bottom - IMO - but glad to see the progress of the site. Congrats to all involved and I'm glad to be along for the ride.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:17 am

Thanks alot, please do stick around and mark my words we will be on of the top gaming sites by 2010 end. I promise cause we know the potential is there. My aim is to make GB the best social-video games oriented website.
Back to top Go down
atyre5
Rank 20 : Toad
atyre5

Bolt Points : 6004

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:07 pm

I do agree that the top link is more appealing.

My biggest thought is, once more people find your site, I am for certain we will be among the top.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 9:01 am

So folks I have bought the new templates and found a new hosting service which will really lift us to the next gen.

People will be really be happy with us once they see the new design.

I will start development locally from this weekend.

I will just a give a brief layout abt how I am gng to do IT:

PHASE 1:
1. Content will be transferred.

This will be done first and shud take about 30-45 days setting all the things up. The community will still stay here.

PHASE 2:

Community will be transferred.
Now it will only be transferred after you have the following features:

a. user videos
b. user blogs
c. user badges
d. user medals

So lets hope all thngs turn fine. Once content side is over the site will be launched and slowly Community changes will take place.

Thanks alot for ur support and patience and if possible i need "responsible" wh can help me take the site to the next level, so if you are among them ping me up:)

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Baldguy71
Baldguy71

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:06 am

Can't wait for the changes to go into effect !!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:57 am

sorry folks for not being ON! I have been on GB almost 5 hrs a day! But i am pulling off some major updates for the site. Please click the link below to get an idea on how the site will look very soon:

http://66.147.244.153/~gamingbo/

Dont worry abt the links, navigation and the site LOGO, they are all dummy!

Content submission system is done for most part. I still have to transfer over 250 articles over to the new server.

The community part will follow after m done with this. So thats one of the main reasons i am not here that much.

I know all those stupid Photobucket issues are there. I will fix them temporarily once i get time tomm.

I have been working very hard to get thngs which guyz you want. You are a family to me so dont thnk I have disbanded the forums or something.

I have been doing some major investements over the past two weeks. Its been me alone working hard on the site technical wise.

So i will request all of you to post, even if it means abt 5 posts per day.

Thanks alot

And yes please throw in ur suggestions.

NOTE TO BALDGUY71: Please mail me. Need to talk. Thanks Smile

Also m sorry for the typo, M very tired a write. Thanks alot for ur patience and understanding!
Back to top Go down
Baldguy71
Baldguy71

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:21 am

New format looks good, hopefully not too many changes to that lay out so it doesn't look to similar to gamespot.
Back to top Go down
llescaflownell
Rank 7 : Pinkerton
llescaflownell

Bolt Points : 5617

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:36 am

I agree, I would not like a similar layout as gamespot. As baldguy noted, the first link in the first post looks the best. If the layout was more similar to that than GS, it would totally rock. Oh, and congrats on the growth of the site, I knew this place would take off (and take off even further in the future). I intend to tag along for the ride Need your vital inputs Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Fraught
Rank 3 : Roman
Fraught

Bolt Points : 5338

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:02 pm

The very first layout picture you posted is the absolute best. Looks far more cozier than the white, cold layout of the second one. And yes, the forums user should be used on the whole site. Definitely. No one with a sane mind would even consider anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need your vital inputs   Need your vital inputs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need your vital inputs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum GamingBolt :: Off Topic Board :: Off Topic-
Jump to: