Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
Admin

Bolt Points : 6918

Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature Empty
PostSubject: Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature   Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:03 am

In the PlayStation 3’s 2.50 firmware update last year, Sony added the screenshot capture option, which would allow users to take direct feed screengrabs from their games. How many times have you wished that you could capture a priceless gaming moment on your console and share it with friends? Sony finally gave us hope that that would be possible with this feature last year, but nine months later, there isn’t a single game that supports it; not even a PSN title!

What is it that keeps game developers from giving us this small joy? Is it too difficult to implement? I’m no expert on what goes on under the hood of the PS3 or, for that matter, the intricacies of how games are put together, but it seems to me like this is a feature that would be rather easy to implement, perhaps even after the game’s release via a patch.
Another thing that baffles me is why does this even have to be enabled in each individual game by the developer? Why can’t it simply be a feature that lets you take a screenshot regardless of which game you’re playing, or even while on the XMB or the PSN Store? You can take a PC screenshot in a game, while running an app, or simply on the desktop. Even the iPhone’s screenshot feature works the same way. So what’s stopping Sony from letting us do this regardless of which game we’re playing?
Or do Sony and game developers think that not enough people want this feature? If they do, they couldn’t be more wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
atyre5
Rank 20 : Toad
atyre5

Bolt Points : 6004

PostSubject: Re: Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature   Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:52 am

Screenshots would be cool, but the are not necessary. Most people could live without it.

P.S.
I got my head stuck in a wall on SOCOM one time, I wish I would have the sreenshot of it then.
Back to top Go down
JiggyJoe21
Rank 4 : Glass Joe
JiggyJoe21

Bolt Points : 5446

PostSubject: Re: Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature   Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:33 pm

in Battlefield Bad Company you can take screen shots, but it automatically uploads it to the site, and half the time it doesn't work...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature   Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Developers ignore PS3 screenshot feature
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum GamingBolt :: Gaming :: Playstation 3-
Jump to: