Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Virtual Reality

Go down 
+3
Keith Deitz
Christian Burrell
atyre5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
atyre5
Rank 20 : Toad
atyre5

Bolt Points : 6007

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 am

How long will it be till every game you play, you are in?
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Rank 16 : Luigi
Christian Burrell

Bolt Points : 5848

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 am

never. or at least not until they make some sort of system that can react to your thoughts. nobody wants some helmet to strap on that shows you the game and reacts to your movements or whatever. people (me included) want to sit on their butts and relax with a controller in hand.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Rank 25 : Starfox
Keith Deitz

Bolt Points : 6763

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:10 pm

I want virtual reality to make it feel like you are in the game and you have a full suit on so if you get shot somewhere, you feel it vibrate in that spot. And I think it will come, but give it 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Christian Burrell wrote:
never. or at least not until they make some sort of system that can react to your thoughts. nobody wants some helmet to strap on that shows you the game and reacts to your movements or whatever. people (me included) want to sit on their butts and relax with a controller in hand.
And why would it have to be thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Christian Burrell

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
Christian Burrell wrote:
And why would it have to be thoughts?

because nobody wants to run around their living room jumping on things and breaking crap. there are very few games that you could play in virtual reality by moving your body the same way the character in the game does without breaking things in your house. the only other way you could do it is with a "danger room" like in the X-Men cartoons.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:57 pm

You would just have to have an open area (like you do playing Wii but bigger room) but if you run in place then the character runs in place. It could happen.
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Christian Burrell

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:06 am

Keith Deitz wrote:
You would just have to have an open area (like you do playing Wii but bigger room) but if you run in place then the character runs in place. It could happen.

it SOUNDS like a good idea. but if you think about it, it would be reaaaally hard to make it fun. or at least fun for an extended period of time.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:19 am

Christian Burrell wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:

it SOUNDS like a good idea. but if you think about it, it would be reaaaally hard to make it fun. or at least fun for an extended period of time.
It would be fun to me like playing football and you see a defender running at you then you jump to the left to dodge his tackle. That would be fun to me lol.
Back to top Go down
atyre5
atyre5

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
Christian Burrell wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:

It would be fun to me like playing football and you see a defender running at you then you jump to the left to dodge his tackle. That would be fun to me lol.

Then another guy, who is much more athletic comes up and drills you and makes me laugh. lol!
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
Rank 7 : Pinkerton
nay_sayer

Bolt Points : 5654

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:35 pm

20-30 years
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Rank 15 : Colin Moriarty
Nick Andrews

Bolt Points : 5732

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:32 am

I don't see it catching on. Gaming is about kicking back, relaxing, and having fun. It's hard to do the first two if you're up and running around the room shooting fake enemies with invisible guns. I don't know about you guys, but I like being able to kick off my shoes, grab a controller or trusty keyboard/mouse, and play.
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Christian Burrell

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:26 am

Nick Andrews wrote:
I don't see it catching on. Gaming is about kicking back, relaxing, and having fun. It's hard to do the first two if you're up and running around the room shooting fake enemies with invisible guns. I don't know about you guys, but I like being able to kick off my shoes, grab a controller or trusty keyboard/mouse, and play.

this is exactly what i was trying to say. i feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:49 pm

Well Wii sales contradict ya'll (yes...I am a Texan so I say ya'll). If someone can come out with a good virtual reality game...then it will be crazy. I wouldn't mind getting up and do that stuff expecially if they can do it where it reacts almost perfectly to every move. Because who out there sometimes is like that is not what I wanted my character to do?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Bolt Points : 6921

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:01 am

well explain me how can one perform stunts like altair or the prince ? rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Christian Burrell
Christian Burrell

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 am

Rashid Sayed wrote:
well explain me how can one perform stunts like altair or the prince ? rabbit

exactly. hmmm, climb up on the couch and jump off into a pile of pillows? what are we, 6 year olds?
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:59 pm

You jump and throw your hands into the air lol. and it reponds to you climbing up. Wow That was easy. Come on give me harder ones. lol
Back to top Go down
atyre5
atyre5

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:25 am

Keith Deitz wrote:
You jump and throw your hands into the air lol. and it reponds to you climbing up. Wow That was easy. Come on give me harder ones. lol

What would happen if you got knifed or punched or kicked?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 am

atyre5 wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:

well what will happen if you are playing MGS4 and snake does his ball grabbing move ! LOL ! that wud be painful...... lol!
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Rashid Sayed wrote:
atyre5 wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:

well what will happen if you are playing MGS4 and snake does his ball grabbing move ! LOL ! that wud be painful...... lol!
Well it would actually feel good lol. I imagine a body suit that vibrates at certain parts lol. So it would vibrate at that part.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:04 pm

atyre5 wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:

You get a heavy vibration in that area. And if your character dies and falls down then you don't fall down...he is jus dead.
Back to top Go down
Jfisch93
Rank 7 : Pinkerton
Jfisch93

Bolt Points : 5512

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Hopefully never. All I see are a bunch of sexual games :/
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:45 pm

Jfisch93 wrote:
Sexual games? What? lol i don't mind it jumping up in the air and stuff. That would make you more into the game. Think of you having to run forever away from somone lol. Not everyone will be able to do it. It would be awesome. Only the strong will live.
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Christian Burrell

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:58 am

Jfisch93 wrote:

Haha.... this just gave me the mental picture of some kid wearing his "virtual reality" goggles while humping the air. I say we stick to controllers people.
Back to top Go down
atyre5
atyre5

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
atyre5 wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:

You get a heavy vibration in that area. And if your character dies and falls down then you don't fall down...he is jus dead.

What if you tripped in realness?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:27 am

Keith Deitz wrote:
Rashid Sayed wrote:
atyre5 wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:

Well it would actually feel good lol. I imagine a body suit that vibrates at certain parts lol. So it would vibrate at that part.

hahahahhah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Virtual Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtual Reality
Page 1 of 1