Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

I might be the only one interested in this...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nay_sayer
Rank 7 : Pinkerton
nay_sayer

Bolt Points : 5649

I might be the only one interested in this... Empty
PostSubject: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:45 pm

First of all I just want to say the site looks great. That is the reason I stuck around long enough to check out the community. Turns out this is a start up site so I will have to stick around longer to see what kind of gamers you attract.

Anyways what I wanted to suggest is an 'about' page. Basically what your guys' message or goal is and who is running the site. I visit a few different gaming website for different reasons. First of all the big 3 IGN, Gamespot, and Gametrailers. IGN, because they post a review for pretty much anything. Granted I don't think their reviews are very accurate, I can at least get an idea of what the game will be like. Gamespot for the forums. Gametrailers for trailers.
As for smaller sites I visit Screwattack the most, and their site is the biggest mess out of all the game sites I visit. I really enjoy their content though. Hooked Gamers a site that seems similar to this one I visit for reviews by gamers. GiantBomb and Games Radar, I check these for a different perspective on reviews. I visit The Escapist purely for Zero Punctuation.
I also visit Gamefaqs.
Basically I am just curious to what my reason for visiting this site will be. I am hoping it will be for the community. If not I hope at least I can get decent reviews from the site. BTW I like the setup of the forums a lot.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Rank 25 : Starfox
Keith Deitz

Bolt Points : 6758

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Well this is the only way we can make Gaming Bolt better...people like you telling us what you want.
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
nay_sayer

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:40 am

I wouldn't quite say people like me, maybe people with good ideas.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:55 pm

You are coming out and telling us what you want even if it is stuff that you have seen.
Back to top Go down
Christian Burrell
Rank 16 : Luigi
Christian Burrell

Bolt Points : 5843

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:48 pm

I do know the founder of Gaming Bolt has mentioned creating something along the lines of an editor's page where the editors will be introduced and have the opportunity to show the community what they are interested in and what their goals are for the Gaming Bolt community. I hope this is something that does come to pass and will interest users such as yourself.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Rank 15 : Colin Moriarty
Nick Andrews

Bolt Points : 5727

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Christian Burrell wrote:
I do know the founder of Gaming Bolt has mentioned creating something along the lines of an editor's page where the editors will be introduced and have the opportunity to show the community what they are interested in and what their goals are for the Gaming Bolt community. I hope this is something that does come to pass and will interest users such as yourself.
Why haven't I heard about this!
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Nick Andrews wrote:
Christian Burrell wrote:
Why haven't I heard about this!
I will inform you everything if you just GTalk me. Just message me if you need anything.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:37 pm

We talked about adding the page but we were caught up with updating this site...We might have it pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Bolt Points : 6916

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:57 am

nay_sayer wrote:
First of all I just want to say the site looks great. That is the reason I stuck around long enough to check out the community. Turns out this is a start up site so I will have to stick around longer to see what kind of gamers you attract.

Anyways what I wanted to suggest is an 'about' page. Basically what your guys' message or goal is and who is running the site. I visit a few different gaming website for different reasons. First of all the big 3 IGN, Gamespot, and Gametrailers. IGN, because they post a review for pretty much anything. Granted I don't think their reviews are very accurate, I can at least get an idea of what the game will be like. Gamespot for the forums. Gametrailers for trailers.
As for smaller sites I visit Screwattack the most, and their site is the biggest mess out of all the game sites I visit. I really enjoy their content though. Hooked Gamers a site that seems similar to this one I visit for reviews by gamers. GiantBomb and Games Radar, I check these for a different perspective on reviews. I visit The Escapist purely for Zero Punctuation.
I also visit Gamefaqs.
Basically I am just curious to what my reason for visiting this site will be. I am hoping it will be for the community. If not I hope at least I can get decent reviews from the site. BTW I like the setup of the forums a lot.

Thanks very much for your feedback! yes we are a very new site and its not even two months since we have gone online. Yes we are going to make a About Us page pretty soon as well as a Staff's page. Its just that we were extremely busy with the revamped community. Another point you are expecting from GB is reviews. I do agree that right we are a bit behind on the Review front but we are doing our best to get more reviews (we have about 16 now). Eventually our aim is to cover every platform in detail. But its just that we need some time to develop. Hope that gets a few things cleared. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
nay_sayer
nay_sayer

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:48 pm

I saw a forum on Gamespot, I think I found a link through the forums here somewhere. You said in the forums you were starting up a site dedicated to 360/PS3. While I prefer the PC and DS, I definitely prefer them to the Wii and PSP. I sold my PSP quite a while ago. I still have my Wii. Can't sell it because of SSB: Brawl. I don't own a PS3, but think it is a good system.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Bolt Points : 6916

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 am

^^ Smile ! Well it started off as a site dedicated to the 360 amd PS3 but now we have expanded to the PC in the last week or so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:31 am

nay_sayer wrote:
I saw a forum on Gamespot, I think I found a link through the forums here somewhere. You said in the forums you were starting up a site dedicated to 360/PS3. While I prefer the PC and DS, I definitely prefer them to the Wii and PSP. I sold my PSP quite a while ago. I still have my Wii. Can't sell it because of SSB: Brawl. I don't own a PS3, but think it is a good system.
You probably saw it in my signature in the forums?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I might be the only one interested in this...   I might be the only one interested in this... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I might be the only one interested in this...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum GamingBolt :: Site Suggestions and Feedback :: Suggestions and FeedBack-
Jump to: