Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Crysis 2 on consoles

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
Admin

Bolt Points : 6886

Crysis 2 on consoles Empty
PostSubject: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:44 am

Does this mean that PC gaming will now be given low priority ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Bolt Points : 6728

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Well I think if they can make it look as good as Crysis did and I think they can. I still believe that other games look better.
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
Rank 7 : Pinkerton
nay_sayer

Bolt Points : 5619

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 1:50 pm

No, its only low in respect with console developers. PC developers like
Valve and Blizzard are still focused on PC gamers. Crytek is one
developer, who hasn't brought us that many games. All the developers
publishing games through Stardock seem to only be focused on PC gaming.
There are plenty of indie developers and smaller developers that
exclusively make games for the PC.
Reasons to be a PC gamer
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Yea...but what scares me about PC gaming is it is on the decline. More and more people are switching to consoles and we may not see it more long. But more developers for better games are going to the consoles. I look at your Reasons to be a PC gamer thing and half of those games are a joke.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Rank 15 : Colin Moriarty
Nick Andrews

Bolt Points : 5697

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:38 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
Yea...but what scares me about PC gaming is it is on the decline. More and more people are switching to consoles and we may not see it more long. But more developers for better games are going to the consoles. I look at your Reasons to be a PC gamer thing and half of those games are a joke.
PC gaming will never die. There are always games that'll be on the PC and people will buy them. Developers like Valve, Blizzard, and Relic will always develop mainly for the PC. Yes, more and more games are moving to consoles. As long as there is the Keyboard/Mouse control scheme and RTS games, PC gaming will live long and strong.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Nick Andrews wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:
PC gaming will never die. There are always games that'll be on the PC and people will buy them. Developers like Valve, Blizzard, and Relic will always develop mainly for the PC. Yes, more and more games are moving to consoles. As long as there is the Keyboard/Mouse control scheme and RTS games, PC gaming will live long and strong.
I mean...I sure hope so but it has died down tons in past 10 years because I love my Sims and Strategy games on my PC. I am not a big fan of shooter however.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:42 pm

And those games on your (nay_sayer) list...well there are more than that on the consoles that never make it to the PC. Do not think that I am bashing the PC in anyway. It is just that that list is bias and most of those games aren't good.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
And those games on your (nay_sayer) list...well there are more than that on the consoles that never make it to the PC. Do not think that I am bashing the PC in anyway. It is just that that list is bias and most of those games aren't good.
As much as I love the PC, I have to agree with you. Let's see. Out of that list, these were the good ones.

• The Sims 3
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment
  • Demigod
  • Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper
  • Still Life 2
  • Drakensang: The Dark Eye
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Crayon Physics
  • Killing Floor
  • Cryostasis
NOTE: I did not include not yet released games(no one knows if they are good) or multiplatformers(you don't need a PC). Your list was mainly reasons not to be a PC gamer.
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
nay_sayer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Maybe you guys shouldn't consider yourselves PC gamers if you thought half the list was crap. I think you are the ones who have become receptive to console gaming. PC gaming is alive and strong.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:28 pm

nay_sayer wrote:
Maybe you guys shouldn't consider yourselves PC gamers if you thought half the list was crap. I think you are the ones who have become receptive to console gaming. PC gaming is alive and strong.
I never said it wasn't. But when you say that you should be a PC gamer because of Guitar Rising and a bunch of multiplatform games, then that's definitely not reasons to be a PC gamer. What you should have on that list is the original Fallouts, Guild Wars, and everything Valve has made and will make.
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
nay_sayer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:40 pm

Well first of all I didn't make the list nor do I have control over it. Two it only dates back to 2006. The link I posted was for games released in 2009 or scheduled to be released in 2009. You can check the other years (tabs at top) and see Guild Wars on the list and Valve games on the list too. Sorry but the original Fallouts were prior to 2006.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:42 pm

nay_sayer wrote:
Well first of all I didn't make the list nor do I have control over it. Two it only dates back to 2006. The link I posted was for games released in 2009 or scheduled to be released in 2009. You can check the other years (tabs at top) and see Guild Wars on the list and Valve games on the list too. Sorry but the original Fallouts were prior to 2006.
I'm sorry. I did not notice that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:19 am

I guess one of the reason why more people are switching over to consoles is continous upgradation that i have heard of. I have heard people saying that they have to update their pcs every couple of years which is actually not present in consoles. I guess this might be one of the reasons why crysis 2 is also on consoles.
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
nay_sayer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Crysis 2 will be on the consoles because EA loves money. My PC is 2 years old and can still play all games on High. Crysis runs slower than any of the new games and I get an avg 30 fps with all settings on high and no AA. (I actually ran the cpu.bat and gpu.bat benchmark files, I didn't just turn on FPS and say oh look I am getting 30fps while nothing is happening.) Granted I am using XP64 so I can't use the DX10 settings. I was dual booting XP64 and Vista 32 for over a year, but removed Vista. Granted I haven't tried GTAIV which is supposed to be horribly optimized for the PC. I am using an 8800GTX and E6700 Core 2 Duo Purchased in Feb 2007.
Back to top Go down
wackyzaky7
Rank 14 : Ifrit
wackyzaky7

Bolt Points : 5628

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:55 pm

∧ I agree with your first sentence but you lost me after that Razz
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
nay_sayer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Sorry, Wink
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm

lol That is funny wacky
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:19 am

Rashid Sayed wrote:
I guess one of the reason why more people are switching over to consoles is continous upgradation that i have heard of. I have heard people saying that they have to update their pcs every couple of years which is actually not present in consoles. I guess this might be one of the reasons why crysis 2 is also on consoles.
I'd rather pay money for a new video card and some extra RAM than a brand new, $500 system.
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
nay_sayer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:20 pm

RAM doesn't really help with the performance of games unless you were short on RAM. RAM is dirt cheap if you are upgrading, because you are probably not buying the latest and greatest RAM for your old mobo. Graphics cards make the largest impact on games, followed by the processor. Unless of course you are using a very old cpu or a crap one like a celeron.

Anyways the point I am getting at is that I don't plan on spending more than $200 to upgrade my PC.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:13 pm

nay_sayer wrote:
RAM doesn't really help with the performance of games unless you were short on RAM. RAM is dirt cheap if you are upgrading, because you are probably not buying the latest and greatest RAM for your old mobo. Graphics cards make the largest impact on games, followed by the processor. Unless of course you are using a very old cpu or a crap one like a celeron.

Anyways the point I am getting at is that I don't plan on spending more than $200 to upgrade my PC.
I just named a couple of things that people do upgrade. Speaking of upgrade, is $134.99 a good price for a GeForce 9800 GTX+?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:08 am

anycase the point : will crysis 2 be better than the orginal visual wise ?
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:22 am

Rashid Sayed wrote:
anycase the point : will crysis 2 be better than the orginal visual wise ?
Probably not. The original was already one of the greatest visual achievements in gaming. They need to work on better optimization. NASA can't even run Crysis on max settings. That's sad.
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:54 am

Well if that is true about NASA then it is because they don't have their computers set to run such stuff they don't care about. I mean if they wanted to...it would be easy for them lol. It isn't like they can't afford it.
Back to top Go down
Nick Andrews
Nick Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:30 am

Keith Deitz wrote:
Well if that is true about NASA then it is because they don't have their computers set to run such stuff they don't care about. I mean if they wanted to...it would be easy for them lol. It isn't like they can't afford it.
That's true. They didn't even try to. People we spamming them with requests to do the test, they decided to cave in. But it is true that Crysis 2 needs to be better optimized.
Back to top Go down
nay_sayer
nay_sayer

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 on consoles   Crysis 2 on consoles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 on consoles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum GamingBolt :: Gaming :: PC Gaming-
Jump to: