Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeGalleryHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

So, which E3 conference came out on top?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wackyzaky7
Rank 14 : Ifrit

Bolt Points : 3670

PostSubject: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:01 pm

Sony? Microsoft? To a lesser extent, Nintendo? Razz

Post your thoughts here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith Deitz
Rank 25 : Starfox

Bolt Points : 4770

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:02 pm

I would have to say Microsoft, with MGS:Rising (is it an exclusive or not. Sony didn't say anything about it but all these websites are saying it is not an exclusive) Project Natal was great, but I noticed flaws. It was delayed by about a second which is a very long time. Sony on the other hand had a great and funny new motion control which is pretty cool, I can actualy see that in a lot of games when it comes out. unlike the actual Project Natal, which I don't see a lot of developer's using it. To me project natal is fake though. Driving a car without a steering wheel is pretty fake.

Also when they brought out Milo, if it works how they say does, then it will conquer anything. I just wonder what it would do if you cussed it out and if it would be like "I don't understand you." and if Milo doesn't understand much of you say, and would he say, "I don't understand you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wackyzaky7
Rank 14 : Ifrit

Bolt Points : 3670

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Agree on the Milo thing, surely it doesn't have a programmed answer for every possible question/phrase. There was a conspiracy that the woman was on a script at E3 on this website (can't remember which one) but you won't know until you try yourself I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baldguy71
Rank 15 : Colin Moriarty

Bolt Points : 3736

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:03 pm

That would be funny - just start calling Milo names and throw stuff over your tv and see if it picks it up and clocks him in the head and makes him cry. He runs into his house and the parents come out and you beat them down Grand Theft Auto style !!!! LMAO !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Ravid
Rank 6 : Cortana

Bolt Points : 3583

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:04 pm

To me it was Sony, I didnt care for eithers Motion Controller for i hate gaming like that, what made Sony win is the Games, everything was just Games,Games,Games,Games,Games,new PSP, Games,Games,Games,Games,Motion,Games,Games,Games, and last but not least Games.

God of War 3 made the final blow, God of War is my favorite franchise of all time, and on next gen my God of War loveless will double
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christian Burrell
Rank 16 : Luigi

Bolt Points : 3855

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Daniel Ravid wrote:
To me it was Sony, I didnt care for eithers Motion Controller for i hate gaming like that, what made Sony win is the Games, everything was just Games,Games,Games,Games,Games,new PSP, Games,Games,Games,Games,Motion,Games,Games,Games, and last but not least Games.

God of War 3 made the final blow, God of War is my favorite franchise of all time, and on next gen my God of War loveless will double
I thought the motion controll stuff for both companies was intriguing, but in the end it's about the games. If you go back and watch the Microsoft conference, they were really lacking in games. Granted, they had a few games that looked really really good, but the quantity just wasn't there.

Sony had games coming out their ears. I'm more excited about the games coming out for the PSP alone than I was about the 360's lineup. If games are what you wanted, then Sony delivered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:06 pm

If the Milo thing is true, then it will kick butt. But if you add that in a game, I bet it takes up a lot of space, so say if you had an RPG, could you have all the people use the same technology as Milo? I think not. There is no way especially on an HD DVD. Maybe possible on Blu-ray especially with the 400 GB blu ray disc coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gmdon
Rank 4 : Glass Joe

Bolt Points : 3516

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:07 pm

E3 is really about one thing...GAMES! And as Daniel Ravid already expressed that is what Sony had the scoop on. So they came out on top of E3.

While the Milo thing is very intruiging and just plain crazy, there is still no proof that that whole scene wasnt staged. The idea of Milo is still years away, and we probably wont see anything even close to it personally for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christian Burrell
Rank 16 : Luigi

Bolt Points : 3855

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:08 pm

gmdon wrote:
E3 is really about one thing...GAMES! And as Daniel Ravid already expressed that is what Sony had the scoop on. So they came out on top of E3.

While the Milo thing is very intruiging and just plain crazy, there is still no proof that that whole scene wasnt staged. The idea of Milo is still years away, and we probably wont see anything even close to it personally for a very long time.

couldn't have said it better myself. my thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin

Bolt Points : 4928

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:09 pm

I have to saw microsoft ! They knew they were dng it ! And the announcemnet of MGSR , just like FF13 last year really packed it up !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Daniel Ravid

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:10 pm

MGSR was just an announcment of the game, FF13 was just them saying its not exclusive anymore.....im pretty sure Agent and FF14 aswell as the last guardian are all better annoucnments then MGSR.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick Andrews

Bolt Points : 3739

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:10 pm

I say Microsoft as well. With Hideo Kojima bringing the Metal Gear Solid franchise to the Xbox 360, Forza Motorsport 3, and Project Natal, Microsoft won E3. Although I find the technology behind Project Natal a little to catastrophic. We don't want Judgement Day to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:11 pm

Nickness. The Natal Project backfired. I thought it was good until I started reading articles about it being not able to understand hardly anything if not much at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick Andrews

Bolt Points : 3739

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Keith Deitz wrote:
Nickness. The Natal Project backfired. I thought it was good until I started reading articles about it being not able to understand hardly anything if not much at all.
I knew it wouldn't work the way they planned. I'm just saying that they wowed everyone with it. Personally, I'll take the controller over a motion camera anyday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daniel Ravid

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:12 pm

About project natal,

You guys have to understand that as a hardcore gamer, this wont work out.

You wont be able to play FPS's, RPG's, and action adventure games.
How will you move? you cant walk around while standing in place, that will be a disaster, you cant turn your body like you would with a controller.

Natal will be made for casual gamers, mini games, and stuff like that.
Unless they add a controller to it, but that will erase the "no controller" concept.

As far as the Sony controller, they showed it can be used with hardcore gaming, though it was just a prototype demo, the sword/archer/strategy tanks/ and FPS were just to show that hardcore gaming will be possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baldguy71

Bolt Points : 3736

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:13 pm

To my understanding is that the Project Natal has just recently been put together and advanced to that stage it's at now. Microsoft knows there's bugs and they need to do a lot of tweaking. I myself personally haven't been playuing video games for over 30 yrs to have to jump around my living room waving my arms and kicking my legs out.. I like to just sit and relax and play my games. I do have a 7 yr old daughter who most likely would have a ball with that stuff as she does like the Wii, but nothing I'll be waiting for when the doors open and it launches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin

Bolt Points : 4928

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:13 pm

We at gamingbolt.com gave the best game of E3 2009 to GOW3 ...what were your favourite games of the show ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Jaidyn
Rank 8 : Golden Chocobo

Bolt Points : 3684

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:14 pm

I missed the show 'cry'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Jaidyn wrote:
I missed the show 'cry'
Did you ever go back and watch them on the internet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, which E3 conference came out on top?   

Back to top Go down

So, which E3 conference came out on top?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum GamingBolt :: Gaming :: System Wars-
Jump to: