GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!
 
HomeGalleryHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
avatar

Posts : 1081
Bolt Points : 4750
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:08 am

Sony Computer Entertainment is asking consumers to fork out $315 for a PS3 Blu ray problem much to the angst of Australian users of the $699 gaming console.

Writing in response to a News Ltd story on the new slim PS3, Trish of Melbourne said that when she recently reported a Blu ray problem to SCE Australia she was told that it would cost $315 to fix her PS3 console that was less than 2 years old.

She wrote "When the Xbox 360 developed a common fault outside the warranty period, Microsoft fixed it for free. Having to spend $315 to fix a PS3 console after not even 2 years is equivalent to spending about $10,000 on repairs on an average car - totally ridiculous".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Keith Deitz
Rank 25 : Starfox
avatar

Posts : 1074
Bolt Points : 4592
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 28
Location : Denton, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:59 pm

I think this is bogus because my Blu-Ray went out in my PS3 and I had to fork out $161.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atyre5
Rank 20 : Toad
avatar

Posts : 571
Bolt Points : 3836
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 22
Location : North Central West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:21 pm

I had to replace my entire PS3 and only had to pay $150.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith Deitz
Rank 25 : Starfox
avatar

Posts : 1074
Bolt Points : 4592
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 28
Location : Denton, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:18 pm

Why did you have to replace your entire PS3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith Deitz
Rank 25 : Starfox
avatar

Posts : 1074
Bolt Points : 4592
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 28
Location : Denton, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 pm

You didn't have to replace your entire PS3. Something was wrong with it so they sent you another one and they fix yours and give it to someone else who sends theirs in the get it fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atyre5
Rank 20 : Toad
avatar

Posts : 571
Bolt Points : 3836
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 22
Location : North Central West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:39 am

Keith Deitz wrote:
You didn't have to replace your entire PS3. Something was wrong with it so they sent you another one and they fix yours and give it to someone else who sends theirs in the get it fixed.

I sent it back to get it fixed, and they sent me a brand new one, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keith Deitz
Rank 25 : Starfox
avatar

Posts : 1074
Bolt Points : 4592
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2009-06-13
Age : 28
Location : Denton, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:46 pm

atyre5 wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:
You didn't have to replace your entire PS3. Something was wrong with it so they sent you another one and they fix yours and give it to someone else who sends theirs in the get it fixed.

I sent it back to get it fixed, and they sent me a brand new one, I think.
No...they send you one that was sent to them to get fixed. They send you one that has already been cleaned and fixed. You get a refurbished one back. They do this so you can get a PS3 back FAST! They then fix yours and send it back to someone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
atyre5
Rank 20 : Toad
avatar

Posts : 571
Bolt Points : 3836
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 22
Location : North Central West Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:30 am

Keith Deitz wrote:
atyre5 wrote:
Keith Deitz wrote:
You didn't have to replace your entire PS3. Something was wrong with it so they sent you another one and they fix yours and give it to someone else who sends theirs in the get it fixed.

I sent it back to get it fixed, and they sent me a brand new one, I think.
No...they send you one that was sent to them to get fixed. They send you one that has already been cleaned and fixed. You get a refurbished one back. They do this so you can get a PS3 back FAST! They then fix yours and send it back to someone else.

I see! I like to get it back FAST!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
avatar

Posts : 1081
Bolt Points : 4750
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:56 am

what so many people have had issues with their ps3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
avatar

Posts : 1081
Bolt Points : 4750
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 pm

atleast its not as abd as 360's issue of RROD!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem   

Back to top Go down
 
Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gaming :: Playstation 3-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum