Forum GamingBolt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum GamingBolt

GamingBolt.com: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PSP, Wii, DS, Forums, Community and more!

HomeLatest imagesGalleryHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Rank 25 : Starfox
Admin

Bolt Points : 6908

Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:06 am

The big upheaval!
The Xbox 360 has had a pretty decent run so far, but the one title that many gamers wanted and expected was a Metal Gear Solid title. Typically exclusive to the PlayStation brand other than a few exceptions here and there, rumors of a title coming to Xbox 360 have been strong ever since the launch of Xbox 360. The first hints of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Rising were given in the form of a slide show given by series creator Hideo Kojima at the annual Game Developers Conference earlier this year.

There was a teaser website, and it began as a dark stormy-like background that over time turned to dark, with each timer ending resulting in a letter change. While people were speculating about the possibilities about what the game is about, various leaks were made through magazines leading up to the announcement; some adverts in magazines revealed little details including the teaser itself and eventually, Raiden himself. By the end of April, the teaser changed again, this time the clouds cleared, but a new timer was revealed. The timer ended about the time Microsoft was kicking things off at there E3 2009 conference and the rest is history.

Recently Konami released a QA session with series producer/creator Hideo Kojima used mostly for an upcoming PSP title, MGS: Peace Walker and this is what he had to say about the teaser site:

Kojma:
5 = it is an MGS5 class game
S = Snake
巳 = snake in Kanji
E = E3
R = Raiden
3 = 3 from 360 and E3
6 = 6 from 360
P and S = PSP and adding 3 makes it PS3

Aside from the Snake and Raiden visuals, we featured a total of 10 "symbols" and when all of these are rearranged, they form connections to the announcements that we made at E3.

The first symbols that appeared were the number "5" and the letter "S" for Snake that represented Peace Walker which, to me, is a "5" class title. "巳" not only hints at the lowercase lettering of "E" for E3, but it is the kanji for the word "snake." Also, the symbol that appeared at the very end is the kanji "日" and represents a sunny background and the sunrise that links to RISING.

The "RISING" of "METAL GEAR SOLID RISING" implies "the sun rising," "the sun shining," and "the sun shining on Raiden" that was revealed in the visuals on the home page. In addition, "RISING" also represents how "METAL GEAR SOLID" will be taking the next step up.

Going back to the symbols found on the HP, they also link to "the day of 360" and also to each of the titles that we announced at E3. When each of the symbols are rearranged, I think you'll be able to recognize E3, PSP, PS3, 360 and others. So everyone, how did you like it? Were your predictions on the mark?”

For those of you unfamiliar with Kojima-san, he is one of the most influential developers out there. Along with Kojima Productions, he has helped pioneer new methods of story telling in gaming, as well as help bring Hollywood production values into the industry, making videogames a more respected medium.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingbolt-community.com
JiggyJoe21
Rank 4 : Glass Joe
JiggyJoe21

Bolt Points : 5436

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:26 pm

I wouldn't be surprised with them bringing Rising to the PC, MS brings everything thats on the 360 to the PC, there even bringing Natal to the PC!
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

Bolt Points : 6750

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:15 pm

JiggyJoe21 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised with them bringing Rising to the PC, MS brings everything thats on the 360 to the PC, there even bringing Natal to the PC!
Well that is because Microsoft is on like every PC and makes the 360.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:46 am

well MGS: Rising is confirmed for PC!
Back to top Go down
IA Harvey Dent
Rank 19 : Wedge
IA Harvey Dent

Bolt Points : 5837

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 am

Rashid Sayed wrote:
Do you have a link to a source?
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:13 pm

IA Harvey Dent wrote:
Rashid Sayed wrote:
Do you have a link to a source?
I don't fill like looking it up but this was announced at E3.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:43 am

^^ yep! MGS: R is a ps3, 360 AND PC game!
Back to top Go down
IA Harvey Dent
IA Harvey Dent

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Rashid Sayed wrote:
^^ yep! MGS: R is a ps3, 360 AND PC game!
Im hearing talk online all the time about this game it better be epic lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:01 am

well i doubt it will be since Kojima isnt involved with this BIG time!
Back to top Go down
Keith Deitz
Keith Deitz

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:36 am

Well he is involved but not like the other Metal Gear Solid Games. He said he puts trust into his team.
Back to top Go down
IA Harvey Dent
IA Harvey Dent

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:57 pm

isnt that what General Motors did lol (thats probly not true its just the ony epic fail i could think about)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 am

I am not sure how mych successful can MGS: Rising be. Better than MGS4 , no game this gen can better that. Better than MGS 3? I dont thnk so cause there is no BOSS or Big Boss in the game. Better than MGS 1, i dont thnk so, that game is still the father of all stealth games. Better than MGS2? I guess yes..cause MGS2 was one of the weaker MGS games although it was one hell of a game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Rising Theories
Page 1 of 1